TUSCARAWAS COUNTY COURT
Traffic/Criminal Arraignment Court is held on Tuesdays at 1:00 PM, unless it falls on a Holiday, then you must contact the Court for new Court date.
VIOLATIONS YOU DO NOT
HAVE TO APPEAR FOR:
To handle this violation without a Court hearing, you must meet the following requirements:
1) Have one of the following type of offenses: speeding (under 26 mph over the limit, seat belt (driver), seat belt (passenger), stop sign violations, left of center, failure to control. If you have any questions regarding whether you must appear, please call the Court.
2) Have no more than one prior moving violation with the past 12 months;
3) Enter a plea of guilty;
4) Read carefully, sign the reverse side of the citation and return it with your payment;
5) Have total fines and costs payment to the Court before the assigned court date;
6) If there are 2 or more offenses listed on one ticket, please call the Court for the total payment amount.
VIOLATIONS YOU MUST APPEAR FOR:If you have been issued a traffic citation for one of the following offenses, then you are required to make a Court appearance
1) Third moving traffic offense within one year;
2) Operating a Motor Vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
3) Leaving the scene of an accident;
4) Driving with no license or license under suspension;
5) Fleeing or eluding a police officer;
6) Drag racing;
7) Passing a stopped school bus;
8) Any felony or Indictable offense;
9) Driving with an expired license (over 6 months);
10) Any violation where the officer marked the notice as "personal appearance required".
**** IF YOUR TICKET IS NOT MARKED "INSURANCE SHOWN", YOU MUST INCLUDE A PHOTO COPY OF YOU PROOF OF INSURANCE, SHOWING THAT YOU WERE INSURED BEFORE, AND INCLUDING, THE DATE OF THE OFFENSE.****
FAILURE TO APPEAR
||If you fail to appear, the Court will issue an suspension of your license. A suspension will cause you to be unable to renew your license or renew your driver's license or plates. The Court may also issue an ARREST WARRANT to bring you before the Court.|
|OUT OF STATE DRIVERS:
||A NON-RESIDENT VIOLATOR COMPACT will be ordered by the Court. Under the Compact agreement, you state will SUSPEND your driver's license until you can satisfy this Court. The Court may also issue a WARRANT to bring you to the Court.|
MAKE MONEY ORDERS OR PERSONAL CHECKS PAYABLE TO THE TUSCARAWAS COUNTY COURT AND MAIL TO: 336 E. THIRD STREET, UHRICHSVILLE, OHIO 44683. PAYMENT MAY ALSO BE MADE BY CREDIT CARD BY TELEPHONE OR ONLINE AT THE COURT'S WEBSITE. A $5.00 NONREFUNDABLE CONVENIENCE FEE WILL BE ASSESSED FOR CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS BY TELEPHONE OR ONLINE. YOUR PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE COURT PRIOR TO YOUR COURT DATE AND TIME. PAYMENTS MAY ALSO BE MADE IN PERSON AT THE COURT BY CASH, CHECK, MONEY ORDER OR CREDIT CARD. INCLUDE PROOF OF INSURANCE IF NOT SHOWN TO THE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.
The offenses listed below do not require a Court appearance if you have not had another Moving violation with the last 12 months. You may pay in person at the Traffic Violations Bureau from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. When the Court is closed, payments can be made at the New Philadelphia Police Department (330)343-4488.
|1-15 MPH (over limit)
|16-25 mph (over limit)
|26+ must appear
|Other Violations: First offense
(including, failure to control, left of center, following to close, sign violations, expired plates)
|Seat Belt (driver)
Seat Belt (passenger)
Seat Belt w/other offense
*** MANDATORY APPEARANCES ***
OVI, Reckless Operation, No OL, Expired OL, DUS, Fleeing/eluding Police, Hit/Skip, Ficticious/ Unauthorized plates, Open Container in MV, Littering, Disorderly Conduct, Possession of Marijuana.
Dog at large and No Dog License (first offense)
IF CITED UNDER CITY OR VILLAGE CODE, $13.00 TO BE ADDED TO COURT COSTS.
THE COURT ACCEPTS PAYMENT ONLY UNTIL 4:00 PM OR BY MAIL, IF NO APPEARANCE IS REQUIRED.